Accounting & Payroll Specialist
To apply please fill out the online application at: https://squarepeg.wufoo.com/forms/accounting-and-payroll-specialist/
Weld Seattle is a nonprofit organization that simply believes all people should be given the opportunity to belong and thrive. Our mission is to equip system impacted individuals with housing, employment and resources conducive to recovery and successful reintegration.
These are exciting days of growth for Weld and we are looking for the right person to help us launch Weld Works (an employment program) and establish our financial processes.
Learn more at www.weldseattle.org
We are looking for a qualified Accounting & Payroll Specialist to coordinate activities regarding the employee compensation, accounts payable, and accounts receivable of the organization. You will undertake a variety of tasks including entering payroll information, calculating wages, processing accounts payable and applying membership dues. An excellent Accounting & Payroll Specialist has great understanding of the concept of confidentiality as well as a thorough professional with good communication abilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Administration of Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
· Issue statements, invoices and maintain records
· Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees
· Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime
· Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes etc.
· Deal with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees and upper management
· Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll
· Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to supervisor
· General administration and organizational support as needed
· 3-5 years of experience in finance or accounting role, with emphasis in payroll processing
· Familiarity with general accounting principles
· Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality
· Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations
· Computer savvy with working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. QuickBooks, Excel)
· Exquisite math and numerical skills
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills
· BS/BA in Accounting/business administration or proof of equivalent training and or experience
· Willingness to take, and ability to pass, a pre-employment drug test and remain drug free during employment
· You are thoroughly committed to Weld’s mission and to the transformation of lives through community and supportive services
· You are honest, transparent and show integrity in your words and actions
· Respect the privacy and confidentiality of coworkers and clients
· Action-oriented, adaptable and able to work in a start-up organization
· Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
· You are self-directed and focused on the big picture while also able to get the necessary tasks done to move the organization forward
· You approach your life and work with passion, idealism, and positivity
· Open minded in working with system impacted individuals and people actively engaged in recovery
To apply please fill out the online application at: https://weldseattle.wufoo.com/forms/accounting-and-payroll-specialist/
People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, those with disabilities, those with working class backgrounds, and those with criminal justice involvement or personal connection to incarceration are strongly encouraged to apply.